Friday, April 10, 2009

AL TV

Sleeping Beauty (that's me) was awoken this morning not by a gentle kiss but by the sounds of 'I Love Rocky Road.' It was Weird Al Yankovic who woke me from my comfortable slumber. I've always thought Weird Al was funny but I never realized the genius of Al until Sage started to become a huge Weird Al fan. It all started last year when Sage told me one of his favorite rap songs was 'White and Nerdy.' I know a little about rap and was sure he had mixed the title up with a Chamillionaire song called 'Ridin' where he declares that he's "ridin' dirty." So I googled it to see why he came up with his alternate title and found the Weird Al version. And there it was--comedic genius. I remember him from the '80s but didn't realize that he was still going strong. Sage enjoys watching his videos on You Tube. I have to say I always laugh when he screams "HO!!!" at a garden hoe in the 'Fat' video. This guy definitely does not get enough credit.

There are some good ones on You Tube--classics like 'Fat' and 'Eat it' and some more recent ones like 'Amish Paradise', 'Smells like Nirvana', and 'Pretty Fly for a Rabbi.' But my all time favorite is 'White and Nerdy.'

5 comments:

Big Al said...

Don't forget about eBay...

BeckEye said...

I love Weird Al. "Smells Like Nirvana" is one of the funniest things ever. And of course I have a special place in my heart for his original song, "My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder."

It's funny you posted this, because I just watched "UHF" on VH1-Classic last night!

C said...

how bout "like a surgeon" and beat it...

so funny!
happy easter.

C

Clippy Mat said...

THAT was funny. :)))))
and i must be the ultimate white and nerdy because i even liked donny osmond in it.
love it.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who is a HUGE WAY fan. I love the song Albuquerque.