I have been doing some self improvement work lately which I will get to later. BUT I have to wrap up my thoughts on 2009 and I here are my favorite quotes from the past year.
1. Alan and I were having one of our louder "discussions" when Sage piped up and said, "I need a bag of popcorn, I'm enjoying this!!" That was kind of a mood killer.
2. When talking about Sage, Shepard remarked, "His breath smells like HORRID!"
3. Keeping with the smell theme--Exclaimed Sage,after vomiting in the dentist office, "It smelt of elderberry!!"
4. When Shepard was trying to entice me to come to the bathroom to wipe his butt , "Come on Mommy, I'll buy you new pillows!"
5. My dad was talked into wiping Shepard's butt and said, "I was the one who wiped his butt, then Shepard gets up and washes his hands!"
6. During the big snow we had here, I called my parents and warned my dad not to overdo it on the snow shoveling (he's in his 70s.) I told him I didn't want him to have a heart attack and ruin Christmas. My mom called me later and said, "I've been out there twice and the ASS won't come in."
7. A reoccurring quote from Alan over the year, "You're going to blog this, aren't you?"
8. While reading to the boys one night, I make a mistake that has changed my life. The line read "It's all your fault!" but it came out of my mouth (by accident) as "It's all your fart!" I will never live it down.
The last few have to do with my patience--or lack thereof.
9. In my effort to get out of the door one day I lost it with Sage. In the car I told him I was sorry for yelling but I get stressed out when we have to be somewhere and he is dragging his feet. I said, "It would be great if you could be helpful and not hurtful" to which Sage replied, "I can't make any promises."
10. This is the quote that almost was...In another frustrating session of trying to get out of the door, it was Shepard's turn to drive me crazy--so crazy that I ALMOST said to him, "Shepard, I'm 'bout to put a cap in your ass!" I caught myself just in time and it came out, "Shepard, I'm 'bout to put a cap in your Aaaaaaaaaaa...ummm..." cough
11. While arguing with my most frustrating boy of all (yes, Alan) I screamed, "LIVING WITH YOU MAKES ME WANT TO DIE!!!!" Oh, it was just another way to say I care. ;)
So that's it...2009 wrapped up with a shiny, glittery bow. What'cha got for me 2010? Bring it.