Friday, June 17, 2005

Penis Envy?

Why is it that I have just as much fun with my 5 year old son's birthday presents as he does? Am I reliving my childhood or am I living my first childhood as a boy? Of course as a young girl I played with young girl toys. And at 34 I finally discover that Barbie does not compare with an electronic light saber to battle your neighborhood foes or building your own TIE fighter with Legos. I love the boy toys--I love them all!! Sometimes I have a nasty urge to rip the toys out of his precious little hands and scream "MINE!"

So was I deprived as a child? Is my current discontent due to playing with the wrong toys? No, I believe I get the best of both worlds--growing up doing girly things and now experiencing the magic of a little boys life.

So the other day while wearing huge The Thing hands, Sage punched me right in the groin. I yelled, "Ow, that hurt!" Sage replies, "Sorry, mommy, for hitting you in your penis." I said, "I don't have a penis." He laughed and said, "Oh, I forgot. Sorry for hitting you where your penis should be."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Angel, I am catching up and this is my favorite so far.Kisses to the boys from me. :) -K.